Radio Show Topics:
ST. PARTICKS DAY = 17th March
– St. Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland.
– St. Patrick was a missionary and bishop in Ireland during the fifth century.
– St. Patricks Day or Feast of Saint Patrick is a cultural and religious holiday celebrated on the 17th March each year.
– About 110 million people will celebrate tomorrow by wearing green, eating an Irish type meal, green bagels, and drinking green beer.
– On the subject of beer. Approximately 13 million pints of Guinness will be consumed on Monday.
– Apparently the shamrock association is because St. Patrick used the three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagan Irish.
– And, the color green is synonymous with St. Paddy’s Day because during the Irish Rebellion, wearing a clover was a sign to ward off the devil.
THINGS TO DO:
1. The Irish World Heritage Centre are having St. Patricks Day celebrations Mon 17th March – http://www.iwhc.com/
– 10am-2pm St Patricks Day Breakfast, £6.95
– £7.99 special lunch deal
– 12pm – Late: Live music with Easy Feeling
– Montpellier’s Cafe and Bar, Northern Quarter Fri 14th – Mon 17th March special Irish Stew menu starting at For just £6.95
3. In honour of the patron saint of Ireland the whole of Manchester town hall is going to be lit up in green on Monday March 17.
THINGS YOU’VE MISSED over St. Patrick’s Day weekend (according to M.E.N.):
1. St Patrick’s Day parade from the Irish World Heritage Centre, Cheetham Hill to Albert Square, City Centre (was yesterday)
2. Irish Market from Thurs 13th – Sun 16th March
[row][two-thirds]Telephone Interview with Lamonte Chitepo – Christian Artist
Album Title: Invizable
Album Launch: 3rd April 2014
– First UK release in 2010
– From Zimbabwe
– Lives in Wolverhampton
WORLD STORY TELLING DAY – Thurs 20th March
World Storytelling Day is a global celebration of the art of oral storytelling. On World Storytelling Day, as many people as possible tell and listen to stories in as many languages and at as many places as possible, during the same day and night. Participants tell each other about their events in order to share stories and inspiration, to learn from each other and create international contacts.
If you are on Twitter, tweet about 2014 events with the #WSD14 hashtag!
World Storytelling Day is a global celebration of the art of oral storytelling.
This site is a crowdsourced storytelling project that invites you to participate virtually. Submit a 3-min video story of your own. This year’s theme is WATER.
WORLD POETRY DAY – Friday 21st March
World Poetry Day is a time to appreciate and support poets and poetry around the world. It is held on March 21 each year and is an initiative of the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
[row][half]INTERVIEW with His Praise and Glory Media Company
Movie Title: Love Uncut
Director: Bola Akande
Movie Premier: Saturday 5th April 2014
His Praise and Glory Media presents ‘Love Uncut’.
Premiering the latest movie from HPGM,’Love Uncut’. A mirror of the ultimate love for unfaithful humanity. An eventful evening of live music and dance.
Event details: Love Uncut – Movie Premier[/half][half][/half][/row]